Jump to content
Release Notes for Simplebim 5
Simplebim 5.2 (26.9.2016)
- It is now possible to copy data from related objects and groups using templates. For example copying the name of the space to furniture or name of the system to a HVAC element.
- New tool “Auto-Assign Containment: Spaces” for assigning objects to spaces (containment) if they are located inside a space, e.g. assigning furniture or HVAC elements to spaces.
- New tool “Delete Empty Containers” for deleting containers (sites, buildings, building storeys) that don’t contain any building elements
- New tool ‘Find Overlapping Objects’ for finding overlaps of spaces and walls. Reports results as easy to navigate groups and creates separate objects with the geometry of the clash.
- Sorting properties by property set in the Properties palette
- Matching existing property set properties are now renamed to name given in template. This makes it possible to use the name override elsewhere in the template.
- “IFC Auto Containment” tool renamed to “Auto-Assign Containment: Building Storeys”
- The names of merged models can be edited in the model filter dialog
- Significant performance improvement in sorting property values on large models
- Functionality added for selecting and iterating individual objects in the Objects and Properties palettes
- Basic quantities tool now calculates volume for stairs and stair flights
- Bug fixed in deleting nested groups
- Bug fixed in undoing deletion of nested groups
- Bug fixed in moving and rotating project or site using templates when the X coordinate had no value
- Bug fixed in expanding object in Containment palette when the object had a large number of contained objects
- Bug fixed in copying multiple values to clipboard in Properties palette when the palette is showing a group
Simplebim 5.1 (11.7.2016)
- Full support for classification systems
- Rule based groups that automatically update their content when the model is edited
- New ungrouped group type that automatically contains all objects that have not been grouped yet in a specific context
- Significant performance improvements in importing and exporting IFC models with large numbers of groups or type objects.
- Shortcut buttons for Property Editor Palette layouts added
- Significant performance improvements in Property Editor Palette when included and/or excluded properties are hidden
- Peeling option added to 3D palette (look for the banana)
- Improvements to the Visualizer palette in the Appearance Editor workspace
- Basic Quantities tool now adds quantities for building element parts; wall quantities for wall parts and slab quantities for slab parts
- Option for exporting to IFC by object class added
- Significant performance improvements in applying templates with a large number of items
- Option for defining the ‘report action’ for individual template items added; can be fail, warning or none.
- Added possibility to templates for find and replace inside text (previously only whole text)
- Added possibility to templates for setting a validation rule that object classes or groups must be empty
- Template reporting improvements
- Bug fixed in adding two new palettes on top of an existing one in a workspace
- Bug fixed in including/excluding elemented building elements and building element assemblies from templates
- Bug fixed in handling empty values for other than text properties in group rules in templates
- Bug fixed in exporting Ports that don’t have geometry
- Bug fixed in calculating basic quantities from model opened from the native file format (.cube)
- Bug fixed in exporting IfcElectricalCircuit
- Bug fixed that caused the model merge to fail under some circumstances. The symptom was a red cross over some user interface elements.
- Bug fixed in handling type objects in merge
- Bug fixed in templates handling groups that have the same name as an object class. Now object class has priority over the groups.
Simplebim. 5.0 SR5 (26.4.2016)
- Bug fixed in editing models that had a template applied in the same session and the applied template used groups defined in the same template for editing the model.
- Bug fixed that caused opening from a .cube file to be very slow under certain circumstances
Simplebim 5.0 SR4 (7.4.2016)
- Bug fixed in IFC import in reading Unicode characters from the header section
- Bug fixed in exporting IFC files containing rebar objects that originate from Tekla Structures 21
Simplebim 5.0 SR3 (1.4.2016)
- Bounding box dimensions added for covering objects and flow segments in Calculate Basic Quantities -tool
- Auto Containment tool has new option for assigning slabs to the building storey above
- Bug fixed in validating string values. String values were not validated unless there was at least one validation rule for requiring objects or properties.
- Bug fixed in updating group validation result when group property values were edited in the Property Editor workspace
- Bug fixed in using container quick selects for setting property values in the Property Editor workspace
- Bug fixed in calculating quantities for curved elements
- Bug fixed in resetting highlight in the 3D Window after drag&drop
- Bug fixed in Model Merge when the merged models had different length units
- Bug fixed in Exclude Duplicate Objects for Site objects that have a site geometry
- Bug fixed in IFC Export in writing unicode characters to the header section
Simplebim 5.0 SR2 (9.3.2016)
- New tool ‘Create New GUIDs’ for re-creating the GUIDs of all objects
- Batch processing with a script file now supports merging models
- Batch processing with a script file now supports running tools
- New version of BCF Manager supporting BIMcollab 2. For more information please visit [http://www.bimcollab.com/en/BIMcollab/BIMcollab/whats-new|
- Substitution lists can now be used in group rules in templates
- The description of a system is now copied to objects that belong to a system
- Duplicate GUIDs tool now also fixes invalid guids
- Template reporting improved. Reported issues now show the name of the sheet and number if the row on which the template item in question can be found.
- Filter improvements in the Objects palette
- IFC export setting for model information added
- The name of a type object is now synchronized with the ‘Name (type)’ property of the object instances
- Bug fixed in reading pre Simplebim 5 .cube files containing groups
- Bug fixed in creating groups with templates and using empty string as the value in the group rule
- Bug fixed in exporting IFC models with Cyrillic (unicode) characters in property names or values
- Bug fixed in exporting IFC models with Cyrillic (unicode) characters in the name of the file
- Bug fixed in Properties palette. Crashed if running a template re-defined the group that was currently shown in the Properties palette
- Bug fixed in showing warning about far away objects after changing the length unit of the model using a template
- Bug fixed in including and excluding properties using old Simplebim 4 templates (backward compatibility)
- Bug fixed in flattening the object class and name of the container object to the contained object
- Bug fixed in creating custom quick select rules
- Bug fixed in using AND logic for groups in templates
Simplebim 5.0 SR1 (15.01.2016)
- Auto Containment tool improvements
- New quantities for building element proxies in Basic Quantities tool
- Binary files (.cube) created with Simplebim 4 can now be opened
- File type association option added to installer
- Bug fixed in excluding space objects that contain furniture or other objects
- Several Appearance Editor improvements and bug fixes
- Model scaling bug fixed (IfcNonNegativeLengthMeasure)
- Bug fixed in exporting legacy colors, this caused an invalid IFC file at export
- Bug fixed that caused the import of HVAC models using IfcElectricHeaterType to fail
Simplebim 5.0 (27.11.2015)
- Model Merging. You can now merge multiple models into one and export the merged model back to IFC
- Instead of the typical ‘overlay’ of multiple models, Simplebim allows you to merge the containment structures, groups, type objects and other resources, resulting in a true merged model.
- You can also position the merged models relative to each other using the new Model Placement workspace
- Importing and exporting IFC4 files
- New Value Combiner workspace. You can now create property values by combining values from other properties of the same object class.
- New Group Editor workspace. Easily visualize, edit and create IFC type objects and groups, such as system and zones.
- Faster IFC import and export
- Improved quantities using the Basic Quantities tool
- Improved Quick Select in 3D palette. We added for example the Model -quick select for selecting all objects from the same model as the picked object.
- New clean look and feel in the user interface
- New set of Getting Started Video tutorials
- Unified installer for 64 and 32bit versions
- If buildings or building storeys have a geometry of their own this geometry is now shown in the 3D window.
- Bug fixed in setting the model unit using a template
- Bug fixed in copying value to the clipboard from the Properties Palette when the palette is showing an object group or an ad-hoc collection of objects.
- Bug fixed in deleting child groups, i.e. groups that are members of another group.