Release Notes for Simplebim 10
Simplebim 10.0 SR7 (17.1.2024)
- Excel Export tool: functionality was broken in Simplebim 10.0 SR6 and is restored again.
- Templates: bug fixed in generating groups for object classes where the object class has the same predefined type as the object class name, for example IfcBeam and .BEAM.
- Table Palette: bug fixed in exporting sheets with ad-hoc content to Excel when the ‘Persist Ad-hoc Rows’ setting was not on.
- Templates: bug fixed in reading numeric values with decimals when dot is used the thousands separator in Windows regional settings.
Simplebim 10.0 SR6 (13.12.2023)
- Excel Export: option added for exporting IFC metadata to Excel. Adds new rows below the property name with the property set, IFC property name and the data type.
- Localization: major improvement of French and Spanish translations
- Bimsheet: configuration now shows what type of content a widget displays
- Table palette: bug fixed in exporting all tabs to Excel. Was exporting all data, but all data was on the same worksheet.
- Objects palette: bug fixed in displaying groups in deep group category hierarchies
- Properties palette: bug fixed in editing Yes/No values in localized versions
- Bimsheet: Bimsheet was not reloaded properly after Model Merge
Simplebim 10.0 SR5 (9.10.2023)
- IFC Import: made IFC import more tolerant in cases where there are references to objects that don’t exist in the IFC model.
- Calculate Properties: added support for creating derived objects for volumes
- Filters: added support for lists in filters in the Objects, Properties, Containment palettes. List items are separated by the pipe character, for example ‘=Office|Corridor’ in the Properties palette shows only objects where the value of any property is either Office or Corridor.
- Templates: disappearing template description bug fixed in startup screen. This bug did not affect the templates, only how their description was displayed in the user interface.
- Templates: bug fixed in creating groups applying the same template twice when the name of the object class is also a name of an object type in IFC, for example Space.
- Objects Palette: used to crash when a group was refined using a template and the group was consequently manually cleared.
- Calculate Properties: bug fixed in calculating the same property for all groups in a group category. Was calculating the property only for the first group in the category.
- Objects Palette: visibility bug fixed in isolating object group categories in the Objects palette.
Simplebim 10.0 SR4 (8.9.2023)
- Improved German translation
- Validation: List of allowed values is now shown in the Properties palette also when the validation is “Must start with one of the Values” or “Must contain one of the Values”. Previously the list was shown only for “Must be one of the Values”.
- The background color of filters is changed when the filter is active making it easier to realize that a filter is used.
- Model Merge: bug fixed in setting building storey name property value for merged objects. The relationship was ok, but the name was missing.
- 3D Palette: If a property value was very long creating the 3D tooltip was slow causing performance issues. This is solved by shortening long values to a reasonable length in the 3D tooltip. The full value is still shown in the Properties palette.
- 3D Palette: selecting objects from 3D was sometimes incorrectly turned off when switching workspace
- Rule based groups: bug fixed editing groups that use date rules
- Merge: bug fixed in merging zipped IFC models via drag&drop
- Object Palette: the text of selected empty objects was not visible because the text color and the background color were the same.
- Space coverings: bug fixed that caused some weird special cases to fail (the space geometries were so strange that the space coverings would not have been useful in any case)
- Shadow calculation: bug fixed that caused a ‘protected memory’ exception in some special cases
- Derived objects: derived objects were not assigned to a model, which caused problems in the Data Table export when using the model timestamp in the export file name, because derived objects had no timestamp.
Simplebim 10.0 SR3 (10.7.2023)
- Drag&drop merge. Drag&drop IFC files from the file system on top of the 3D window to merge them to the currently open model.
- Properties palette: improved handling of cases where the isolated property set does not exist on the objects shown in the Properties palette.
- Temporary files check added to application startup. If there are issues with temporary files you get information at startup, not during IFC import etc.
- Improved handling of empty values in formulas
- Support for zip containers added for import and export. This is the same as the old support for IFC ZIP, but now the extension can also be just ZIP. This works as long as the zip container has one file and this one file is an IFC file.
- Quantity and property calculation tools now respect template report actions.
- Derived objects are now assigned to the same model as the object(s) based on which they are created.
- Improved German translation
- Critical: Bug fixed in exporting IfcTrimmedCurve into IFC. In some cases this resulted in an invalid IFC that could not be imported into some applications.
- Models failed to open if the tool “Calculate Quantities: Opening” was one of the most frequently used tools.
- Bug fixed in copying tool configurations with file names into script format, was incorrectly doubling slashes, for example C:\temp to C:\\temp.
- Bug fixed in exporting data from Table palette with ad-hoc content
- Bug fixed in formulas when property values have the double quote or backslash characters.
- Bugs fixed in bounding box area and gross area calculations
Simplebim 10.0 SR2 (1.6.2023)
This version is otherwise identical to 10.0 SR1, but it fixes a critical IFC import bug that was introduced in 10.0 SR1.
- This is a recommended update for Simplebim 10.0 users
- This is a critical update for Simplebim 10.0 SR 1 users
Simplebim 10.0 SR1 (26.5.2023)
- Option to import using IFC names
- Functionality for copying tool configuration is both Excel template and script format added to the tool configuration dialog.
- Expression Editor added to tool configurations
- Support for custom temporary files folder added
- Support added for IfcSpatialZone and IfcExternalSpatialElement
- Expressions made more tolerant for missing properties and missing values
- IFC export: ungrouped groups filtered out from IFC export
- Documentation links fixed in the Excel template
- Crash cleaning up temporary files
- Bimsheet enrichment for groups was not working
- Opening cube with rule based groups that use group query items failed in specific conditions
- Grouping table palette did not work in German translation
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Cleaning-up side surfaces failed the first time it was run.
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Creating Group for derived objects failed, if the Clean-up surfaces configuration was on.
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Areas were calculated twice in some situations.
- Overlapping Objects: Processing failed, if there were containers in the target groups.
- Calculate Quantities: Shadow Areas. Complex shadows were not correctly calculated.