Release Notes for Simplebim 10
Simplebim 10.0 SR4 (8.9.2023)
- Improved German translation
- Validation: List of allowed values is now shown in the Properties palette also when the validation is “Must start with one of the Values” or “Must contain one of the Values”. Previously the list was shown only for “Must be one of the Values”.
- The background color of filters is changed when the filter is active making it easier to realize that a filter is used.
- Model Merge: bug fixed in setting building storey name property value for merged objects. The relationship was ok, but the name was missing.
- 3D Palette: If a property value was very long creating the 3D tooltip was slow causing performance issues. This is solved by shortening long values to a reasonable length in the 3D tooltip. The full value is still shown in the Properties palette.
- 3D Palette: selecting objects from 3D was sometimes incorrectly turned off when switching workspace
- Rule based groups: bug fixed editing groups that use date rules
- Merge: bug fixed in merging zipped IFC models via drag&drop
- Object Palette: the text of selected empty objects was not visible because the text color and the background color were the same.
- Space coverings: bug fixed that caused some weird special cases to fail (the space geometries were so strange that the space coverings would not have been useful in any case)
- Shadow calculation: bug fixed that caused a ‘protected memory’ exception in some special cases
- Derived objects: derived objects were not assigned to a model, which caused problems in the Data Table export when using the model timestamp in the export file name, because derived objects had no timestamp.
Simplebim 10.0 SR3 (10.7.2023)
- Drag&drop merge. Drag&drop IFC files from the file system on top of the 3D window to merge them to the currently open model.
- Properties palette: improved handling of cases where the isolated property set does not exist on the objects shown in the Properties palette.
- Temporary files check added to application startup. If there are issues with temporary files you get information at startup, not during IFC import etc.
- Improved handling of empty values in formulas
- Support for zip containers added for import and export. This is the same as the old support for IFC ZIP, but now the extension can also be just ZIP. This works as long as the zip container has one file and this one file is an IFC file.
- Quantity and property calculation tools now respect template report actions.
- Derived objects are now assigned to the same model as the object(s) based on which they are created.
- Improved German translation
- Critical: Bug fixed in exporting IfcTrimmedCurve into IFC. In some cases this resulted in an invalid IFC that could not be imported into some applications.
- Models failed to open if the tool “Calculate Quantities: Opening” was one of the most frequently used tools.
- Bug fixed in copying tool configurations with file names into script format, was incorrectly doubling slashes, for example C:\temp to C:\\temp.
- Bug fixed in exporting data from Table palette with ad-hoc content
- Bug fixed in formulas when property values have the double quote or backslash characters.
- Bugs fixed in bounding box area and gross area calculations
Simplebim 10.0 SR2 (1.6.2023)
This version is otherwise identical to 10.0 SR1, but it fixes a critical IFC import bug that was introduced in 10.0 SR1.
- This is a recommended update for Simplebim 10.0 users
- This is a critical update for Simplebim 10.0 SR 1 users
Simplebim 10.0 SR1 (26.5.2023)
- Option to import using IFC names
- Functionality for copying tool configuration is both Excel template and script format added to the tool configuration dialog.
- Expression Editor added to tool configurations
- Support for custom temporary files folder added
- Support added for IfcSpatialZone and IfcExternalSpatialElement
- Expressions made more tolerant for missing properties and missing values
- IFC export: ungrouped groups filtered out from IFC export
- Documentation links fixed in the Excel template
- Crash cleaning up temporary files
- Bimsheet enrichment for groups was not working
- Opening cube with rule based groups that use group query items failed in specific conditions
- Grouping table palette did not work in German translation
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Cleaning-up side surfaces failed the first time it was run.
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Creating Group for derived objects failed, if the Clean-up surfaces configuration was on.
- Calculate Quantities: Surface Areas. Areas were calculated twice in some situations.
- Overlapping Objects: Processing failed, if there were containers in the target groups.
- Calculate Quantities: Shadow Areas. Complex shadows were not correctly calculated.