You can use Bimsheet also in automation (templates and scripts) with two tools.
- Bimsheet: Export
- Bimsheet: Enrich
Note: you could also run these tools from the Simplebim user interface, but the more visual way is to use the Bimsheet palette.
Use this tool for automating the extraction of information from your models into Excel. The workflow inside this tool is the following:
- Opens a Bimsheet file (Excel)
- Fills the Bimsheet with data from your model
- Exports a plain Excel file with your data
The parameters for this tool are the Bimsheet file (Excel) and the Excel file you wish to export.
Use this tool for adding information from Excel into your model. The workflow inside this tool is the following:
- Opens a Bimsheet Enrichment file (Excel)
- Writes the information from the Bimsheet enrichment file into your model
The parameter for this tool is the Bimsheet Enrichment file (Excel).